Search near you:
We all love crispy roast potatoes, especially on our Sundays dinner! This delicious recipe from Michael Penaluna makes the perfect side dish to his Stuffed Turkey recipe! To ensure a nice, crispy potato, Michael advises you use Maris Piper or King Edwards. And it is essential you remember to rest the potatoes, from the boiling process to the roasting process - this will give you that extra crisp we all love!
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/ 350°F/Gas 4.
2. Peel all your potatoes and cut into criss cross quarters
3. Bring the potatoes to the boil and once they start boiling cook for 5 minutes then strain off the water through a colander
4. Give the potatoes a shake to ruffle up the edges (this will become the crispy bit we all love)
5. Allow the potatoes to rest for 10-15 minutes to evaporate all the excess water
6. Meanwhile, add the goose fat to a roasting tray and place in the oven
7. When the fat is hot, carefully add the potatoes and roast for about 15 minutes, then add the potatoes and roast for about 15 minutes, then add the garlic (broken down into cloves), a few sprigs of Rosemary and jelly stock
8. Give the tray a little shuffle carefully making sure you don't splash yourself
9. Carry on cooking until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy
10. Finish the potato with sprinkle of Malden sea salt
These roast potatoes will complement any roast dinner, especially Turkey!
You can watch and follow along with a video this recipe being prepared.
Search near you:
Copyright © ForCooks 2014
ForCooks Limited. Registered office 7-8 Burdon Drive, North West Industrial Estate, Peterlee, Co. Durham SR8 2JH, Registered in England.
Company registration number 9876543VAT no. GB123456789