Search near you:
• 250 grams Organic crunchy peanut butter
• 100 grams toasted sesame oil
• 1 ½ red chillies
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 50 grams ginger
• 20 grams salt
• 30 grams coriander leaves
• Juice of 2 limes
Blend the above ingredients until smooth in a blender and mix 1 tablespoon of turmeric with 150 grams of hot water, dissolve and add to the dry ingredients, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until required.
This will keep in the fridge sealed for at least 2 weeks.
Soft Shell Crab Tempura
• 150 grams of plain flour
• 50 grams of corn flour
• 2 soft shell crabs trimmed to the size of your choice.
Mix the two flours together and bind with sparkling water using a whisk, The thickness of the batter will be determined on how much or little water you add. (the thinner the better in my opinion) Keep this batter stored in a stainless steel bowl over iced water until it is ready to use. When ready to serve, dip the crab into the a bowl of flour and shake of the excess, dip into the tempura and again shake off any excess, drop into a fryer set at 190oc and cook until crisp, season with salt and serve immediately.
Sweet Soy Dressing
• 100 grams of ABC Kepac manis (a sweet soy sauce)
• 20 grams lime juice
• 30 grams mirin
• 20 grams toasted sesame oil
• 20 grams olive oil
Mix the non oil ingredients together and then add the oils, stir with a spoon, we like to serve this dressing split.
• 5 - 100 gram pieces of sea bass (trimmed and scaled)
• 3 avocadoes
• Juice and zest of 3 limes
• 4 large chicken wings
• 250 grams of white chicken stock
• 10 leaves of coriander
• Green chilli (finely diced)
• 2 table spoons of sweet miso
• Black and white sesame seeds
1. Place the chicken wings (center piece only) into a pan and cover with the chicken stock,
simmer for 1 hour on a very low heat, allow to cool and remove the bones, brush with
sweet miso and sprinkle with black and white sesame seeds.
2. Wrap 4 of the sea bass portions in cling film and season with a little salt and olive
oil. Steam at 90oc for 9 minutes. Brush with sweet miso and season with a dash of
3. Skin the remaining portion of sea bass and dice into ½ cm cubes, mix with a little salt,
sugar, lime juice and zest, some coriander and little diced green chilli.
4. Peel the avocadoes and using a mandolin (slicing machine) slice 4 slithers the full length
of the avocado, spoon a teaspoon size portion into each of the avocado slices and fold
them over (set aside)
5. Place the remaining of the avocado flesh into a blender with the lime juice and zest and
blend until smooth, season with a little salt.
Dress the plate as illustrated.
You can watch and follow along with a video this recipe being prepared.
Search near you:
Copyright © ForCooks 2014
ForCooks Limited. Registered office 7-8 Burdon Drive, North West Industrial Estate, Peterlee, Co. Durham SR8 2JH, Registered in England.
Company registration number 9876543VAT no. GB123456789